John Harvey & St. George's Church

1847-1896
St. George's Anglican Church - architectural drawing. Source: Queen's University Archives.Pinterest
St. George's Anglican Church - architectural drawing. Source: Queen's University Archives.

John Harvey, a member of the Royal Artilliary was stationed in Kingston in the 1840s.  During this time he conducted bible classes at St. George's Anglican Church (now Cathedral) and befriended Harriet Dobbs Cartwright, wife of the  assistant .  Upon Harvey's departure from Kingston in 1847, Mrs Cartwright gave him a colourized architectural drawing of the church.  The picture would eventually be inherited by his son, Robert R. F. Harvey, when he became St. George's organist in September, 1896. The picture is now housed at Queen's University Archives.